Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Too Civilized?

Does the Government think we are too civilized to revolt? Do they think we will just take it and take it?

I think this is one of the most dangerous misjudgements they could make. When I think of CIVILIZED, I think of those men that were GENTLEMEN, who wrote our Constitution....Who took to duels.....Who had tea.....

They revolted.... They put their money, their fortunes, their families and their lives on the line for this Country.

If there is one thing I have learned, this country is FILLED with people who are animals....we have seen them in L.A., in New Orleans....hell, in New Jersey at an after Thanksgiving Sale....

They "revolted" for the lowest reasons - how noble would a revolt for Liberty be?

Government better not be counting on our Civility to keep them in power because I am starting to see the Tree of Liberty getting thirsty.... (thats a Thomas Jefferson reference.)

**this is a quickie rant in response to the little tirade the "President" had last night on the TV and that crap that those jerks in the Senate passed today....

8 comments:

It's me said...

Pearls, they don't think we're too civilized. They think we're too busy wasting our energy on all this partisan bullshit.

We spend so much time going "Republicans are bad, Democrats are good" or "Democrats are bad, Republicans are good" that we don't have any energy left to say "HOLY SHIT, YOU GUYS ARE SCREWING US AND WE'RE MAD AS HELL AND WE ARE GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!"

Which is why I had to stop talking politics for a while at my place. I'm too riled up. I feel like Granny Clampett. ;)

I drive my tractor in pearls... said...

But have you noticed how many sides are starting to sound the same? Each side is pissed about this spending - BOTH sides are starting to Prep....

I bet it isnt too far off that WE are truly WE and WE will be against THEM, as in Govt...

I think there is another post there somewhere ;)

And when you go march on DC with your pitchfork, let me know and I will meet you on the way ;)

Sam Adams said...

There's not a dime's worth of difference between the Dems and the Repubs. They're opposite sides of the same tarnished coin!

It's me said...

Wow. Well said Mr. Adams... think I'll go toast you with one of your "own".

Pearls... get posting woman. I've got your back.

Mayberry said...

No, they think we're too stupid/lazy to revolt. Unfortunately, as applied to the vast majority of drooling sheeple in this country, they are right....

Rob K said...

I think that animal incivility, that savage ignorance so common today is what lulls them into thinking revolt could never happen. People who would trample a man to death to get into a store for bargains offer no threat of revolt.

Asphyxiated Emancipation said...

Pearls, I was writing a little bit about this very thing yesterday on my blog. The patience of so many people is beginning to wear thin. When that happens, all bets are off, and the job of politician becomes a very dangerous profession.

The Other Mike S. said...

They have to disarm us first. And don't think they're not trying.

Cache some weapons and ammo while you still can...