Tuesday, February 24, 2009

No Couponing yesterday....

I tried - went through my circular and my coupons and there was like 1 thing that matched up - so I didnt go. They were having what looked like good sales for items - 10 for $10 they called it, but I could have gotten it cheaper at Walmart....

But I do want to tell you about a new grocery store I tried the other day - Aldi. Its not new here, but I finally went. Its a quirky place, where most of the items are their store brands and you have to bring you own bags. But they are cheap. All my cans were 49 cents and my chicken broth was 39 cents. They had everything you could really need to buy, but not the choice of all the different brands.

I bought 24 cans of Green Beans, 12 of Corn, 12 of Tomatoes, 12 of Sauce, 12 of Broth, 6 of Carrots, Ranch Dressing, Powdered Milk....This is all I can think of off my head and spent $50.00.

They do not take checks or credit cards - only cash or a debit card (so you need to know your pin number). You also have to have a quarter to get a cart, but you get it back when you hook your cart back up.

Funny little experience, but I will go back. Their canned chicken was not cheaper than Sams and I need to firm up some of my other prices - but they were the cheapest in regards to canned veggies and broth.

So there you have my report on the grocery store Aldi.... They have a website so that you can check if you have one near you - HERE IT IS....

Keep Praying, Keep Praising, Keep Prepping....

5 comments:

Okie Rednecks said...

I LOVE Aldi. We started shopping there a couple months ago and the food is good. Hubby says that he likes their stuff better than the name brand veggies. The corn is so tasty and crisp. The stuffing is good too and I have got to go and get some more broth. On the fridge we now have an Aldi's list, a Sam's list and then a regular list!!! You can get the specials emailed to you so that you can plan on things like butter and frozen foods..... Oh yeah, Hubby is picky about mac-n-cheese and he actually likes theirs!

I drive my tractor in pearls... said...

I will give their Mac n Cz a try....

How is their ranch dressing? I bought some, but havent finished the open bottle in the fridge yet to try. My daughter uses it like ketchup so we go thru a ton and that stuff is expensive!

I figure I will hit Aldi about once a paycheck and just spend about the same I did this time and deepen the pantry.

Thanks for the info on other stuff!

Anonymous said...

Have you discovered Hot Coupon World yet? You can look up by store, and there are match-ups for the store ads with both the circulars and internet printables.

I drive my tractor in pearls... said...

Cheryl - I have visited Hot Coupon World. It is a coupon website on crack! I can take it in small doses as it is overwhelming and I am not sure I want do coupons so actively! They are true Coupon Queens!

Rob K said...

You only just now have gone to Aldi! It is the king of bargain stores. I can't count the items we depend on Aldi for. They even have decent quality beer and wine for cheaper prices.