Saturday, February 21, 2009

Flipping Al Sharpton the bird....OR...Quote of the Day

I thought I should get this up on Saturday night since its about flipping someone off and all and not wait until Sunday, because I am that kind of Southern, Bible Belt kind of girl...

A STANDING, ROUSING, WOOFING Clamour of APPLAUSE to The Other Mike S. for supplying this quote in my post Booker T. Washington is my Homeboy.


By Mr. Washington, himself:

There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs-partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.

Preach it, Mr. Washington....Preach it!

3 comments:

Mayberry said...

Pearls, just the title made me laugh! And I too present "the bird" to that pair of pukes, Sharpton and Jackson.... I love it when black folks point out hypocracy of those of their own race. Like Bill Cosby and his speeches about "ebonics" and such....

Unknown said...

I am going to have to remember that quote. The language alone would get a rise out of many, being as how it includes both "negro" and "colored". Sharpton and Jackson have pushed race relations in this country back 50 years. Repeatedly.

The Other Mike S. said...

LOL! Glad you enjoyed it. I don't know if I've ever had a WOOFING clamour of applause before! Standing and rousing, well sure. Never woofing, though ;-)

Some day, I would love to hear Sharpton, Jackson or Wright comment on that quote. Being b-slapped by the words of a former slave, dead for nearly 100 years, would be comical to see.

Perhaps they could then also explain to us "cowards" how they can reconcile their actions and activism, with MLK's "content of their character and not the color of their skin" speech.