Thursday, February 5, 2009

First Coupon trip....











Here is what I bought:


3# of Cuties
6 Yogurts
1 OJ
5 butters
2 2# brown sugar
1 Au Gratin Pkgs.
1 Mac and Cz
1 Bag of Chex mix
1 Yellow Cake Mix
1 Box Fiber bars


Card Savings: $11.79
Coupon Savings: $10.80

My Out of Pocket: $24.82

Over all percentage of savings: 50%







Now - $10.00 of that was butter that I didnt have a coupon for, but was on sale and cheaper than anywhere else and so I bought and put in the freezer. If you remove that $10.00 from my total would be around $14.00 - it would have reduced my tax and would have reduced the Card Savings to $7.29 which would have made my over all percentage would have been 77% (If my math is right ;)

Hows that? I am pretty pleased....

Where I am putting the items:

Food Storage: Sugar, Mac n Cz, Au Gratin, Cake Mix, Fiber Bars and Butter to the Freezer.

The other stuff is to be eaten now.

I will be going back on Monday with my mom and I will have my new Sunday coupons, so we will see if I can do better.

This was fun and I can see how it can become "addictive" in that I will try to beat my last "score" or if I see it as a Me vs. The Store kind of thing....


Now - get out there and clip those coupons....


Pray, Praise and Prepare on the CHEAP!!

6 comments:

It's me said...

OK, what did you save on just the butter, brown sugar, fruit and OJ.

That's what I'm looking for. And I forgot to zap my grocery list to post. I'll try to get that done.

Anonymous said...

when you freeze the butter remeber to wrap in something airtight, if you have to keep it for a longer while the outer layer can still oxidize in normal packaging.

I drive my tractor in pearls... said...

On the butter I saved 90 cents and paid $1.99.

Fruit was 2.00 plus .55 plus .55 off of $5.99

Sugar was .14 plus a double coupon that I dont remember how much, but it ended being about a buck per package.

OJ was 1.00 coupon doubled plus 50 cents.

Thanks Anon :)

It's me said...

Well crud... I guess I need to get with the program. I'd save a free $5 or so.

Thx.

CastoCreations said...

I love you even MORE now!!! =) I am a total coupon geek. Have you checked out the website Hot Coupon World? You will NEVER pay for shampoo or toothpaste again. NEVER.

I saved $95+ at Albertsons last night. =) I love saving double what I pay. Free food is fun.

Great job for your first trip. You will become totally hooked on this.

Amy said...

Hey Jennifer, I love your blog and all your comments. I am obsessed with coupons. Have used them off and on forever. Don't hesitate to ask friends or family for theirs. My mom and Todd's mom send coupons from OK and they are different than what we get here, so even more savings. My record is $95. in savings in one day. I was buying for about a months worth of meals in December so I could concentrate on the holidays and travel.