Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our Country wont look the same when BO is done "fixing" the Economy

OH MY WORD...I thought it was bad last week, but I was wrong. Barack Obama's (heretofore referred to as "BO") Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel, told the Wall Street Journal,

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste, and what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you didn't think you could do before."

What do you mean by that, Rahm? Do you mean that you will be able to take control of more private enterprises? Do you mean that you will be able to "buy" more votes by putting more people on the dole? Do you mean that you will be able to control more of our personal liberties in the name of "crisis"? Do you mean that because of "crisis" you will be able to upend the Constitution?

But today, on the front page of my Yahoo page is an article about BO's Massive Economic Recovery Plan...right.... On the surface, it looks good - NO NEW TAXES. Why? Because taxes would hurt the economy. What? I thought taxes were good! I thought taxes were patriotic! Obviously the reason for taxes isnt to help the economy, even BO seems to think it would hurt. Taxes are also not for paying down our debt - His plan will majorly increase this and he isnt saying how much, how convenient...

Taxes are a way for the Government to control EVERYTHING you do - your taxes represent your income and your income represents your time. With each new tax, BO controls just a little bit more of your life.

I feel like waving a banner against the STAMP TAX - I feel like dumping a whole lot of tea in a big, ole harbor. I feel like having my tea and politely talking about the rumblings of war. (This is a Colonial America reference - think 1775)

I am not a Secessionist - but I really start to see their side. For so long I didnt understand Thomas Jefferson's quote about the tree of liberty needing to be refreshed with the blood of patriots. I understand now and worse, I am starting to agree...

No comments: