Monday, February 2, 2009

How 'bout it going down like this....

I had a thought this morning - scary, I know...

I was thinking about California and that they have now suspended payment of refunds that are owed by the State to its citizens....Sucks to be in California....

Anyway - If I were in charge of a state that was going down the tubes and couldnt pay my bills, it would be real, REAL tempting to see the taxes that are going to Washington and be jealous. REALLY JEALOUS - I mean, we are talking California here. Liberals here - where "Wealth Envy" reigns supreme - or at least as an attempt to tax "the rich" and buy votes with the proceeds....

Here is where I get off chasing a rabbit...What if - WHAT IF - a State that is hitting hard times AND cant stand those in Washington decides to have its Citizens send NO TAX MONEY to Washington and only 1/2 to the State? That means that all of a sudden, those in the state just got a raise. It means that the State has now basically SECEDED from the Union - or at least SECEDED from Washington.

I bet that State's government just JUMPED double digits in its popularity.

Now - for the down side...What would Washington do? I have no idea. It would try to get its money, I am sure. It would try to bypass the State Government and go directly to the citizen, threatening to jail and confiscate all their possessions. It would take the State to protect its Citizens. It would take the Texas Rangers to protect Texas....It would take local Government to call up its Citizen Army to protect.

I have always figured Revolution would come through a Tax Revolt. Its not that people are greedy - we arent. Its that when you tax our money, you are taxing our TIME - you are taxing our FREEDOM. With this scenario, you get a Tax Revolt coupled with States' Rights.

I bet if one State stood up to Washington and told them to SHOVE IT - it wouldnt take other States long to follow suit. Of course, we know that this isnt going to start with California. It will start with a State who is hurting but also understands what this Country began as and what it SHOULD be...It would start in a "Red" State.

Pray, Praise, Prepare....

7 comments:

It's me said...

I only reacted "nice try" because while I wish it would happen, I totally don't see the sheeple doing anything.

But I do want to hurry and get my refunds before they disappear!!!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

I love the idea. Like meadowlark, I don't see it going down like that, but hey, i'd LOVE to see three states jump on the idea. Maybe the problem is, the gub'mint cronies who send our tax fundage to Witchington won't ever develop the PAIR OF COHONES needed to follow through. Biting the hand that feeds them and all...

Great idea, though. Succession. I love it! Put some real folk in charge-- hey, I Nominate Mayberry for Treasurer! Texas would never be unprepared! For anything! ha!

I drive my tractor in pearls... said...

Totally understand guys :)

Thats where the chasing the rabbit part went....It was just a weird thought today and I just let myself wander and wish :)

There is that guy from Texas who wants a Tax Holiday from paying Income Tax - it doesnt seem like a big leap to have him go home and talk up the idea of Texans just not paying their taxes.

I dont think it will take much for people to jump on this idea (or one like it - there are smarter people than me working on this). Even the Sheeple understand keeping their money and not sending it to the Government. It might be what wakes them up - THEIR MONEY!

Mayberry said...

If the "guy from Texas you're referring to is Ron Paul, he's been pushing for tax reform, small gov., and all that for years. It just falls on deaf ears...

Heh heh, how I wish the Texas Secession movement would get rollin' again. I don't know why it hasn't!

Cygnus, thanks, but no thanks! Not unless the entire gov is made up of preppers...

NOW who's chasin' the rabbit? Ha ha! Forget chasin' it, just shoot it......

Anonymous said...

We tried that in 1861 -1865, and it didn't work out too well in the end, but I know plenty of people here who are up for round two.

Ramon said...

If I knew it was happening, I would pack my junk and be on the road in less than a day.

Shy Wolf said...

Looks as though New Hampshire may have got the ball rolling for us.
I, too, have long thought a tax revolution was the way to go- fully expected it in 1976, but didn't happen. WAAAAA!
Maybe it will this time.
I'm not a secessionist, but a Constitutionalist, but if it takes Secession, so be it.
Shy
hmm...verification word is s-h-i-v-e...I wonder...shiv...in the ribs of dotgov?