Tuesday, January 27, 2009

THUNDER SLEET......

Yup - you read it right. Here where we live, we get some snow, but we get a boat load of ICE! Ice will make trees look like a bomb went off, down power lines and send cars taking out poles and each other.

It happens almost with a certain regularity that when they were projecting this Ice, the comments I heard were along the line of "I cant believe its taken so long to get here" or "We usually have already had this by December."

Then why arent more people prepared?

I went and got my kids by 11:00 on Monday when I realized it was going to get bad and didnt want to give it 4 more hours. I was ahead of the curve as they eventually closed school at noon. We had today off and I just got the email we will have tomorrow off too!

Having a blast - making fun stuff to eat with the kids - enjoying hot chocolate and plenty of milk that if this were to go on for weeks, we would be fine. On that note - did you know that Organic milk from the store is good for about 6 weeks? Just FYI - the milk I bought this weekend is good until mid March...

Sorry, I digress - you are NEVER too old to enjoy a snow day and I am just about giddy with it!

STAY WARM and as always, Pray, Praise and Prepare!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Organic milk? Is that like the stuff that comes from milking the contented California Soy Cow?
;)

I drive my tractor in pearls... said...

Anon - you just sent me to the fridge to see if there was an "origin" on my carton....thank goodness, I can continue to lie to myself that the milk does not come from California and NO - NO SOY, yuck...

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't lose power. As long as you have power, you can get through an ice storm in comfort. We had a bad one up here in 1993, the power blew immediately, but thanks to the generator we lived a normal existence until we could get down the mountain a week later.

Mayberry said...

Ice? Snow? ACK! No thank ye! I likes my ice to come from the freezer and go in my drink, not on my house! Heh heh heh. It's gonna be too cold for me down here tomorrow, low 39 and high of 55. Brrrrrrr.......

MADDOG said...

snow days should always be enjoyed.as a truck driver i sometimes get a snow/ice day and i enjoy it as if i was age 10