Friday, January 16, 2009

4,000,000 People....

4,000,000 people are estimated to be in Washington D.C. next Tuesday. Granted, it is a historic event - one that I have discussed with my children - but no way on God's green Earth, would I take myself, let alone them, to see it in person.

There is 1 Port-A-Potty per 300 people. Can you imagine trying to find some place to eat in the city?

Even if you have the National Guard, 4 Million People can get out of control and stay that way for a while. There is no way the Secret Service and the D.C. Police can entirely control a crowd that big - Ask L.A. how hard it is to control a riot!

The least of their problems will be price gouging...

This is a perfect opportunity for any kind of attack - it doesnt even have to be a big one. One tiny little explosion could send a panic that could literally destroy this city. I pray they have been extremely vigilant - I pray that its the GWB Administration who has been over the security and not BO's team.... You can say whatever you want about our CURRENT President, but he gets the credit for this country being ATTACK FREE since 9/11.

I havent decided if I will watch any of the "festivities." Its disgusting to me that so much money is being wasted at a time like this. If BO wanted to make a statement to the Country - a dignified ceremony would be in order. What part of Beyonce shaking stuff says "I am Ready to Run this Country?" or "I understand that we are in a difficult financial situation."

Personally, I have a fine line to walk in front of my children. I want them to appreciate the fact that we have our first bi-racial President not long after Ms. Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King. I so believe in character above all else....But I do not want to give the impression that I agree with how this man believes to run this Country. And to give that impression without the little ones confusing the disgust over the "festivities" with disgust for our Country is a fine line. And I certainly dont want to ignore the whole thing and leave them to their own impressions without some guidance.

SIGH......guess that means that I will be watching some of this spectacle....at least I know it wont be long as I only have to watch while they are home and awake :) Mental Note: Rent a Movie since this will probably be on EVERY station....

Sorry - back to topic - For those of you in a big city - not necessarily a suburb - THINK LONG AND HARD about staying. Moving to said suburbs, while close to work, could afford you a little more flexibility in regards to your prepping. More storage area - a yard (no matter the size) for a garden. Not to mention you would be more out of the way should chaos disrupt food deliveries to the city, loss of power/water....I have a hard time picturing bands of rioters hoofing it the long distances between the box stores as seen in most suburbs. Its just too far to walk and carry their loot.

The biggest problem will be from your own Suburbanite neighbors - but dont worry - they are less likely to have a weapon if they have children in the house - so find yourself a nice family neighborhood. {Please note - this past statement, was somewhat tongue in cheek}

So....stay out of DC - get out of the City - rent a movie Tuesday....

And as ALWAYS - Pray, Praise and Prepare

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll add to the "fine line" problems. Yes, he well be our first non-white POTUS. . .but the fact is that he was elected *because* of his color. Nobody can say with a straight face that he would have been elected if he were white. . .

Hope your kids can see the hypocrisy. That will put them well above most of the voting-age adults in this country.

Sam said...

Good post Perls. I heard on the radio that the 4,000,000 number is another fib. There are over 8,000 rooms still available in the area as of last night.

Anonymous said...

Listening to or watching that nincompoop take the oath on a lie is the least of my priorities that day. BUT...I might have the radio on Rush to hear his (hopefully) snide comments during the speeches.
Still, until he proves his citezenship, he will not be my prez and I will not support anything he signs. Maybe not even then since we've seen what kind of people he's putting into his 'cabinet'. Anti-America and anti Constitution every one.
The media's really hyping this event, but the truth is there are so many hotel rooms yet available it's a wonder if anyone's going to show up, other than the ACORN crowd. Well, maybe the homeless cuz they'll need a place to pee.
Shy

I drive my tractor in pearls... said...

I would LOVE if the number ended up being far, far short....let him know that we arent exactly happy...

Of course, I am not sure I would have been happy with the other choice either...

Shy Wolf said...

Nope, wouldn't have been happy with McCain, either- but Sarah has a LOT going for her and being seated as a VP would have been a great rung in her ladder.
I'm standing by my comment, though: this critter needs to prove his identity or he's an usurper, and I will not follow him. My oath covers the Constitutional aspect, not the position or the person holding it.
Shy
h-u-s-c-r-e-a-m is the verification word...should have been I-s-c-r-e-a-m!

I drive my tractor in pearls... said...

Shy - Sarah Palin is going to be on Glenn Beck's 1st Fox TV Show on Monday.

I LOVE HER...I love how she stuck it to the Republicans first! Got to love a lady with convictions even when its personally difficult.

Preparedwarrior said...

I have a friend who is getting the "honor" of being a sort of VIP at the big to-do. She has already been told she will not be allowed to wear a coat for security reasons. Had no clue how to dress for being outside for an extended period of time. I had to tell her all about layering etc, blah, blah.

I am really sorry, I know this is a momentous event for some people. Well, alrighty then, freeze your butt off, suffer your runny nose from the cold, have your very person scanned and searched, but don't complain to me about how miserable it was.

He may be my nation's highest "elected" leader, but he in no way represents my values, and anything he says, until proven otherwise, is just so much more trash coming out of his mouth. His plans bode nothing good for me and mine.

And yes, I love Sarah. She is the hope for the future. She has my values, and I believe what comes out of her mouth. What more can I say?