Tuesday, January 13, 2009

One Week....

We have one week - ONE WEEK....until the President-Elect becomes the President.

News is already circulating that he is drafting an Executive Order to close Guantanamo Bay and he plans to sign it his first day in office....

There are also RUMORS floating as to what else he will expand, outlaw, tax by Executive Order that same day or very soon after he is in office. What other aspects of our lives will he interject the Government as payback to the FAR LEFT for his So Fast It Couldnt Be Legal rise to the Presidency?

Ammunition - Spending the remaining Bailout funds - "Tax Credits" (this is in quotations because these "Credits" are given to people that do not pay taxes and therefore they are just taking from those that do to continue to "Buy Votes" from those that do not) - Stimulus Package (the current one that is being floated by BO is ONE TRILLION DOLLARS - $1,000,000,000,000.00)

Its obvious that what ever he decides (unless he decides to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - a girl can dream) our 2nd Amendment, our 1st Amendment, our Country's very Existence is under attack.

And yes - I said our Country's very existence....What is coming is not zombies....its not an invasion....its not all out Nuclear War (although if they could, I could see something being detonated in NYC or DC)....What will cause our Country to cease to exist is its debts. These are REAL Debts and REAL Creditors. Creditors that will eventually want their money back or be given ASSETS.

What assets does the USA have? We have land....our money is BACKED WITH THE FULL FAITH AND PROMISE OF THE UNITED STATES CITIZEN - do you have land? I cant imagine this happening without all out riots - but the Government has the power to seize private property for public use - heck, we now know that the Government has the power to seize private property to give to another private entity. Is it so far fetched to think that the U.S. Government, in order to get their hands on more funds, would turn over land owned by the U.S. Government? Are you familiar with the NAIS and what they are doing in your state?

What we will have to protect - what we will have to guard with all vigilance against is the stealing of our land, our property, our resources in the dead of night by the Obama administration, Nancy and her pal, Harry Reid and the U.S. Government in the dead of night....The fear is that this will be done and notification will happen after the fact and we will not have the opportunity to stop it beforehand.

"Whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, the people, if well informed, may be relied on to set them to rights."--Thomas Jefferson to Richard Price, 1789.

This is the part that drives me nuts....I can prepare and prepare - be proactive - but there comes a point where in order to adapt, I become reactionary. Its the waiting - waiting to see how this new Administration will jack with my life - that is fills me with apathy, lethargy and a general annoyedness....

Again - know your U.S. Representatives....Know your U.S. Senators.....Know your State Reps and Senators - this may be where we can stop the U.S. Government. States may be needed to exert their "State's Rights" and say enough - not Civil War Part 2.....well maybe, but not a blood bath like the last time....

Never before has Thomas Jefferson's words rung so true:

Whenever the people are well informed, they can be trusted with their own Government.


"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."--Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

I know those that read blogs, listen to commentary, read just about everything we get our hands on KNOW what is going on. Our job is AND will be to ring the bell for other people. Dont be an email forwarder (so many do not read those) but in casual conversation, season your speech, gently persuade, know where people can go for information and be able to back up your statements. The one thing they cannot censure or eavesdrop on is what I tell my neighbor person to person. They cant control the conversation I have with my grocery store clerk.

The difference will be made in relationships - The difference will be made by WE THE PEOPLE....

As always and more so today - PRAY, PRAISE, PREPARE.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Information. Information is power. Never in history has so much information been so accessible.

But here's the catch.

Information that comes from the MSM bears only a slight resemblance to *facts*. So you have a populace that is well "informed". . .but their "information" is sadly lacking in *facts*. Okay, that's not exactly true. . .MSM does typically report facts, but only the "facts" that support their agenda.

I was pleasantly surprised recently when McCain picked Palin as his running mate. Knowing that my grandparents, who are somewhere to the right of Rush, get only network television, I knew what kind of information they were being fed about Palin. When I talked to grandpa a week or so after the nomination, he was sky high on Palin *in spite* of what network television had been telling him. I was surprised that he knew *anything* about her. . .other than that her daughter had an out-of-wedlock child and that Palin herself abused her authority by trying to get her BIL fired.

Anonymous said...

Things may be at a point now where the individual is just going to have to go along for the ride. I don't think my Senators or my Representative pay any attention to their constituents anymore. If they had, they wouldn't have voted for the initial bailout package. They did so, despite the fact that their mail and phone calls were running 87% against the bail out.

It's me said...

Hermit is right. I will say this though, it was a joy to watch our smug-ass Senator get ousted. And while I didn't necessarily want to vote for a Democrat (I hate both parties fairly equally) over my dead BODY was I going to vote for someone who voted for the bailout after we all screamed NO!!! He seemed to think he was supposed to do what was best for us, not represent us. S.O.B. Guess he learned his lesson.

Can't wait to see what this next guy will do. But I don't have a lot of hopes pinned on any of them.

Shy Wolf said...

All correct: when the bailout was rejected by the populace and nearly all in house and senate ignored the popular voice, they showed their disdain of the Constitution and We The People.
Similar to Meadowlark, we have Norm Coleman here- and he's seeing what his vote did for him. If he'd done as suggested, Frankenstein wouldn't have had a chance in hell of being this close to election.
As for Jefferson's quote: IF the populace is well informed and of same mind, they can set the elected on the right path. You can bet that 60% of the populace is watching Oooprah and the Veeeooo for all their information.
The more I attend church services, the less I want to attend: too many sermons on 'turning the other cheek', 'tithe your way to prosperity', 'I'm going to make this short and sweet so I can get home to watch THE game', etc. Too many churches are frightened of losing their 501C status instead of standing for the Statutes of God and fighting the ACLU-types and the dishonor in our leaders.
Dang, Pearls...sorry for hijacking this for my pulpit.
But beyond prepping and insuring I have a very good supply (it'll never be an 'ample' supply) of ammo, I'm so d--- frustrated by the current politics I could just... spit. We The People are Me the Sheeple.
Shy

Mayberry said...

We are no longer "represented", and efforts to convince puppet politicians of anything are wasted..... It's gonna come down to "stand or fall" I think. All I got to say is "Come And Take It". Clack-clack...... I will defend what's mine to the death.

tanksoldier said...

Only one catch: The debts of the US government are backed only by the "full faith and credit" of the United States. No collateral.

Nobody can come in and claim the White House or Yellowstone if we default.

Now, this might make it difficult to get FUTURE credit... but as it stands now it's impossible to foreclose on the US.

Anonymous said...

In 1932 they took gold away from the citizen.
Yes, I have read the New London, Connecticut case of taking private land from one citizen to give to another private citizen.
Yes, they can "try" to take away my gold and silver I have squirreled away. But they would have to find it first! Finding a few ammo cans buried in the middle to no where might be a little difficult. Plus, not all my eggs are in one ammo can.
Come, try to take my land. Some of it has been in the family for centuries. I will give you something. Will give you some metal (not gold or silver), but...and who is going to show up to take it. The police, SWAT team, Revenue Collector officer, the National Guard, or the Army. Hardly!
I think we should just give our debtors the IOUs (with interest owed) Europe owes us for WWII.

Now we are even!