Friday, January 9, 2009

Letter to My Family,

STOP EATING MY PREPS....

And kids, as you form the words "What are Preps" let me tell you. Its MY food and supplies! Its all this food around here, staking up, neatly positioned in rows with the labels facing outward....Its all the stuff you seem to be enjoying day in and day out.

And dont think I am just talking about the kids, Dearest, I see the crumbs left on the couch after I go to bed when I get up the next morning.

And you, Shampoo users and toothpaste wasters - CUT IT OUT. This stuff doesnt grow on trees, I have to hunt it down and pay for it. I have to figure out if being on sale at one store is really cheaper than someplace else. When its on clearance and there is only so much, I buy it all.

But to what avail? I dont need to hear about roving "Golden Hordes" - I live with the Horde.

I certainly dont need to worry about bugs or rodents getting into the "stash", it wont last that long....

Dont make me put you on a ration, because you know I would do it....Just chill - you arent starving and the food will be here tomorrow if you JUST CHILL.....

****This concludes the freak out on my family that was caused by them eating more than a package of the crackers that I didnt have over the weekend when I needed them, but bought on Monday, a day.... And its tongue in cheek....mostly.....

6 comments:

It's me said...

Husband still looks at me like I'm a freak when I insist he shouldn't eat the food I canned over the summer. Um, isn't it for eating? he asks. NOT YET!!! is all I can come up with. But who knows when?

scoutinlife said...

Great post made me laugh and think about the girlfriends kids they are eating monsters!LOL

Ryan said...

I feel your pain. I got 5 boxes of saltine crackers a bit more then a week ago and Wifey spontaneously decided to live on them. So I have no more crackers and there are crumbs everywhere.

Mayberry said...

Ha ha! Kids got hollow legs to pack all that food into.... Wish I did, I got a spare tire.....

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you won't have any problem with rotating your supplies. My family gobbles up the provisions too, but at least they use the ones with the oldest dates on the container.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Funny funny... only i'm looked at as bizarro when i buy "extra" stuff. Try to no avail to explain all is for consumption, but i'm a "prepper", so my 'extra' food is equated with some 'hoarding' [non]sense.
[Scratching, then shaking, head...]

Dunno. but i, too, see crumbs in the dawning...