Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Deregulation ruined flying....

Yup, I said it - I am an Air-Snob....

I miss the days where you wore your Sunday clothes, the stewardesses were pretty women and sweet to boot and the Captain let little kids see the cockpit and gave them wings.


These days, you are likely to get a guy next to you drunk, unshaven and with a cutoff Cancun t-shirt with dangle beads.


The flight attendant can be cranky, and why wouldnt she be? She deals with idiots ALL DAY - people who are "entitled" as well as ill-mannered.


So, I read about this IDIOT.... I am betting this is some jerk who popped off when asked to close his laptop. It probably wasnt the first time he was asked and I even bet there was an overhead announcement concerning electronic equipment. This is where the "entitled" part comes in as he didnt think the rules apply to him. I wonder if that argument will fly in Federal Prison which is where probs on planes end up.

You can be funny and you can be a jerk, but do it where all you get is a butt kicking and not a butt raping (Federal Prison reference and yes, I know, he probably wont go to prison, but a girl can dream....)

Dont joke, dont exacerbate, dont annoy in any situation where you can land in the Fed's hands.... Stay off people's radar....

And when you fly, be sober, wear khakis and smile and say "Yes, ma'am"....Class isnt where you sit, its how you do it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and exactly when was the last time you were on a plane? "-)

I drive my tractor in pearls... said...

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is my mother....Mrs. Anonymous....

Go fix my dad dinner :)

It's me said...

I miss those days as well... such glamour. I actually teared up a bit the other day when I was watching some old train footage. Everyone was all dressed and fancy and I got to thinking what train travel is like today... yuuuuucckkk... about the same as airlines.