Saturday, May 2, 2009

It really does take a Village....

I know, I know....I cant stand the title of this post either - in fact, I think I threw up a little in my mouth....



But. It. Does. {{{{shiver}}}}



You cant do it alone. You cant survive all by yourself. You can do it for a while, if you are lucky and a little prepared, but you cant do it indefinitely.



At the very least you need someone watching your back while you sleep.....you need someone for an emotional connection to another person..... You need someone who knows something that you dont - I know, it was hard for me to admit that I dont and wont know everything {sigh}....


How do you find these people? Hopefully, you are in a committed relationship with one (see how I did that TOR? Taking my own advise ;) ) That is a start. You might have a couple of munchkins who you are raising to be able to do certain things and if you are lucky, they are at an age that they can contribute. You would be surprised how young a child can help, even if its helping unload a dishwasher, match their own socks or all the socks for that matter, feed the dog, cat or whatever....and even clean a little but lets be realistic, it wont be that clean.


After family - "doubling up" (as mentioned in The Patriot) These might be neighbors or friends who are like minded or they might be in laws or other family. Two families are better than one, but if there is something that is drilled in a survivalists head is that 1 is none and 2 is one....


So it would be best for 3 or more families to join forces, resources, knowledge, strength.....



Where to find these? Dont think on emotion - use your head and sift through your friends or those that you know to find qualities of preparedness. You probably already know several who garden, put a little back for what if, buy guns.... Put these people on your prelim list.


Add any doctors or dentists you also know that are of the same political minded/preparedness bent as you....


Think about Mechanics - Welders - Construction - Vets - Electrician/Plumb - Heavy Machinery....


People with practical skills that would compliment what you know or what you do....


Start a plan today - you dont have to have a formal agreement and actually, they dont even have to know you prep - just keep their names in mind and make an offer if things become a little hinky (i love that word) and offer them a place to bug out to.....


Remember - your best chance is to be prepared and to be with your own village....


Pray - Praise - Prepare

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It really does! Love the post, I needed to read this today Thank you♥

Angela said...

Absolutely true, but like you say, I want to pick who's in my village . . . :)

Ryan said...

My first thought when it comes to groups is that trust is more important than skills. A Special Forces NCO who got out and became an ER doc would be awesome to have around unless things get hinky and he shows up at 3 am with friends and evil intentions. I would rather have a warehouse worker I can trust.

Also it is a big balance between numbers and supplies. One guy having 3 years worth of food needs help and thirty six people with one months worth of food are people heavy.