Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Montana ROCKS!

This post on Staying Alive sent my mind working overdrive.... Its a good post - go read it now.... I will be here while you do.... Its ok, I know you will be back..... Go on.....

Ok - So I have been thinking about Montana and how cool it is - I mean, the whole entire State and all its Peoples are AWESOME! (Dont post any comments about how some guy with Montana plates cut you off - you probably deserved it....) Anyway - so I wonder how many firearms manufacturers are in Montana and how many will be soon.... I wonder how much sales revenue will be gained for the State when people would rather purchase a Montana Made product and not one where they send the Government a blood sample....


And then I wondered about other states following suit like Michael says - Texas and Indiana.... But I thought a lot about Texas. I mean, A LOT of stuff is manufactured in Texas - A LOT.... And how Texas may just decide that anything made there is just none of the Government's business.... That would include COWS, CHICKENS, PIGS, TURKEY, you name it.... This 10th Amendment stuff be what keeps the NAIS out of our business.


Here in Oklahoma, we have a big MIO industry (Made In Oklahoma) - You have heard me go on and on about our Oklahoma Coop - it rocks by the way - and how much government red tape (read "pain in the butt) could we cut out by putting the Federal Government where it belongs and elevating the State to its rightful place? It was kind of a rhetorical question, but I am guessing A WHOLE HECK OF A LOT.....


It will be interesting to see what happens with the first Federal raid of a firearms manufacturer in Montana and what the state does to protect him (I am betting his legal bill will be footed by the NRA - but its just a guess). A good ruling would be the first step in beginning to put the Feds back in their place.... Man, that would be awesome to watch.....


Guess, I am like Michael and just dreaming....but with Montana, this may be one dream that comes true....Now, if they would do something about that State Income Tax, that State would be darn near perfect ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Montana *does* rock - that's why I live here! :) Although the technicality in the law is that you have to manufacture, purchase, use and keep the firearms and ammo in the state for it to be exempt from the long arm of Uncle Sam. I don't think there are any major manufacturers here, but we have plenty of gunsmith who will make you a custom firearm, or reload a ton of ammo for you. So it will definitely help out the "Made in Montana" movement.

Another reason our state rocks: Today our Governor signed a bill banning those red-light cameras at intersections that take pictures and give people tickets.

I love, love, LOVE Montana!

Ryan said...

I know at least one company is making AR lower receivers in MT. Sure more will come. It will be interesting.