Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How laziness lead to Alfred Hitchcock's worst nighmare...

Its all about laziness....

Heaven forbid that TSA do things the way the Israeli airlines do things. You have to get there 3 hours before your flight, but I will give it to them - they have some AMAZING results.... There is no short cut by just looking through your clothes. And you know what? I dont think checking out if I wear a thong keeps anyone safe. Like those that try to bring down an airliner wont adapt and figure out a way to do it without walking through security with it.....


The TSA spends $170,000 per machine - PER MACHINE and you know each airport will need WAAAY more than just one of these badboys.... And - are they going to have an all girl machine with women viewing women and men viewing men? I would not consent to this - just wouldnt and I wouldnt want my children going through this.


Almost in the same week (last week) the news came out that a Saudi Arabian man is asking the Germans for a patent for a microchip that is to be embedded under the skin AND has poison that can be remotely triggered....NO WAY that this doesnt end badly.....


I can already see it being used for prisoners - another "CHEAP / EASY" route that like those shock dog collars, you just set up a sign and tell prisoners to stay on the other side or the poison is administered - so much cheaper than caging them.... And to keep prisoners from digging out those little chips and then making a run for it - you just have constant facial recognition going all the time that matches up with the GPS chip and if they dont match, someone shoots you.... See, easy..... EASY and LAZY and more BIG BROTHER than George Orwell could have imagined - we are entering Alfred Hitchcock territory now.


And for those that say, hey, I bet it would save money for prisoners, thats a pretty good idea....it will get to you, Mr. Upstanding Citizen, soon enough. Just like DNA submission - first it was for murderers and then for the rapists and then for any felony and now if you are arrested, they will take your DNA to match against anything in the system, even if you just picked your nose in public and got a citation. Eventually the Government will figure out a way to get the majority of the population microchipped if they have to do it when you are paying parking fines. We are to the point that if you want a drivers' license, you have to give them a finger print - really? I consider that an unreasonable search and seizure considering I HAVE DONE NOTHING AT ALL.....


And dont try to end run this by telling me its to track lost children. These are my kids and I will track them the old fashioned way - with my car, thankyouverymuch. It has worked for generations stalking their children and making sure they are where they said they would be with whom they said they would be, so I will stick with the ole tried and true. Yes, it would be easier to track them while I sit at home on my computer, but it just lacks the personal touch - that touch that gives you the SICK feeling in the bottom of your stomach when you are somewhere you shouldnt be and your dad walks in.....If you are like me, that only has to happen once and you are pretty much scared straight.....sorry, got to reliving a personal nightmare ;)


Anyway - its time to quit living in EASY - easy has gotten us fat, useless (no real skills), and enslaved to a greater system under the promise of making things EASY. Well, you know what? As I try to teach my kids, EASY most often isnt satisfying - something you WORK for IS! Its the difference between homemade macaroni and cheese and the blue box powder stuff. Now, dont get me wrong - the blue box is good - but thats only because its been so long since you had THE REAL THING....


We have forgotten what FREEDOM tastes like - actually, WE HAVE NEVER KNOWN IT....I am dying to try it - in my head its sweeter than I could imagine.....


Come on people.....dont you want a little taste?

6 comments:

CastoCreations said...

Aaaagh! It is very scary stuff. The idea of a freaking CHIP implanted in my or my future child's skin is too freaky for words. I do NOT like the idea of being tracked. Whether GPS in my car or a chip in my skin. *shudder*

Meadowlark said...

Um, we cannot discuss this idea at my house. YouKnowWho seems to think it would be a great way to track the guy who raped the 82 year old last year, once he gets out on parole. Even though his crime was abhorrent, I am a "slippery-slope-ist" and worry about the stuff you're talking about. He says "oh, that'll never happen here". SIGH. Famous last words. :(

Bitmap said...

The purpose of the TSA is not to make air travel safe. The purpose is to make sheeple feel safe.

Alyssa said...

Have you seen Wall-E?

Anonymous said...

I wish we'da kept "personal responsibility" (sigh). Lots better than a chip. Revelations. No chip for me, thankyouverymuch. Rather go to heaven without it.
YeOldFurt

Mayberry said...

You know I want Freedom!!!