Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mi Casa...

It seems that the work goes in spurts and right now things are on fire - not literally, but figuratively :)




My mom always said eat what you dont like first and then you can enjoy the rest of your meal - so again, figuratively speaking, here is the spinach....




The Door people went to put in the doors this past Friday, but the 3 openings in the basement were too small....TOO SMALL....that is kind of a problem since my house is in concrete. I just told them to knock the wood off the sides and the top, but those are the ONLY 3 OPENINGS that do not have the wood ;) Funny times....Funny times.... But I will tell you, that after some calls - and we were nice - the basement / house guy, Caleb had Terry and the boys out there today to cut the openings bigger. They are so nice - NICE - I know this is supposed to be the spinach, but every time I have to deal with Caleb or Terry or the boys - its a nice experience... That speaks volumes to me and I would recommend them to anyone and would use them again IN A HEARTBEAT if I built again - but I am not, so I just need to send others to them....Hint....Hint....Hint....build with them people.




I also have 3 sliding doors - 2 that open 1 way and 1 that opens the other, but Door people had 3 that opened the same way, so we wont get the new door until next week. Bummer....



They pressurized the pipes and we have a couple leaks which will be fixed and which is why they do this BEFORE we put up sheet rock ;)



And I think I have a hole in my roof - its tiny and its about 20' up over me, but Shawn and I both think that we were seeing sunlight and not just something shiny. THIS IS A HUGE PROB since it means that there is a hole in my decking, in my insulating P2000 and in my METAL ROOF....



Thats about all the spinach - now on to the potatoes :)




I have a side door with a nice doggie door in it for Basil. I like it a lot and need to decide what color to paint it.....



I have windows in the front and should have all windows up on Monday. I also have a temporary front door which will be replaced at the end when they put in my real front door (which is pretty - PRETTY).




HVAC is just about done and its shiny - SHINY is always good.




And the exterior is getting done - I got to pick colors, but will keep that under my hat because a picture is worth a thousand words and so you can see it next week when the stain goes on - or stains - or paint - who knows....



Here are the pics - I took some more today, but the camera is in the car and we have already established I can be lazy....

3 comments:

It's me said...

I do not envy you one whit.

I would hate nothing more than having to build a house and decide on which switchplates and what lamps and what kind of window coverings... it makes me a bit queasy to even type it.

I drive my tractor in pearls... said...

I wont do it again.... Not because of the building, but because I have 1 more move in me. I moved a TON as a kid and this is it...

Mayberry said...

Glad the homestead is coming together. I'd love to build me a place (myself), to my own specifications.....