Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Blog info....

In my time off and in posting in my head, I have come to the realization that I need a new blog format - she needs a new outfit ;)


I have been searching sites, looking at templates, looking at portfolios....man this is tough.


Its been made tougher because in checking out my own blog with a critical eye, I have decided its a little schizophrenic (or is that because I have been blogging in my head).... I cover a bunch of different topics and therefore want my new blog to have different "tabs" in order for those topics to be covered and stay together. I also want readers to be able to subscribe to the various tabs that interest them and exclude those that dont.


This isnt going to be happening tomorrow - I need to decide on a designer and a layout and wait in their queue to have my blog worked on....


All this to say - yall bloggers out there - is there a designer you like to work with - one that will not make me sell a kidney or a child to afford - and a heads up that around the first of the year you may have to update your RSS feeds or bookmark a new address.....


This concludes blogging bidness today..... Back to your prepping..... Back to your ranting..... Back to the packing, building, cleaning..... Or is this just me?


LOVE YALL!!

7 comments:

Meadowlark said...

Well, I for one am NOT cleaning. So it may be "just you". :)

I AM celebrating my 234th birthday and will start drinking when it's noon somewhere in the world! OK, I'll wait til tonight when Husband gets home and we go out with a bunch of other Marines, but it sounded tasty!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

HermitJim said...

Good luck on the search for a revised look!

Mayberry said...

I like it just fine, but it's your baby. Have fun!

Survival Chic said...

I like your blog... I use ZZN. I happen to know the guys who own it so I have been part of the debugging on their new blog platform.. translate they will do whatever fixes and enhancements you want if you blog with them right now.

Does multiple topics (with their own RSS, has Email which I find useful. Send me an email if you want to chat more. Use the contact form at the bottom of my blog. I tried a lot of platforms... each have pros and cons...

Kim Heinecke said...

I did www.pamkanaly.com and www.shelleypulliam.com - it's not "tabs" at the top but links in the navigation bar - takes you to a specific "page"

good luck sister... so many free ones out there - you probably won't have to pay!

Ryan said...

I have fiddled with mine a couple times. Just looked at it again and realized it had somehow reverted back so I fixed it.

Wildflower said...

Wordpress works best for me. I just ditched blogger. They have hundreds, and I mean hundreds of free templates to choose from.

You can do a LOT more with wordpress--and you own your domain and words, not google.