Thursday, April 23, 2009

A New MUST HAVE for the Bunker....


This stuff is awesome - The label says its a "Hazelnut Spread with Skim Milk & Cocoa" and it also says that its "Spreadably Delicious" and may I say - YES IT IS....


You do not refrigerate or microwave, so once you open it, well, its just fine :) And did I mention how fabulous it tastes? I actually havent spread it on anything yet, just seem to be only using a plastic spoon to scoop as needed and that seems to be more and more lately, which could pose a problem.


The back label says a serving is 2T (armatures, they obviously need a bigger spoon) and it has 11g of fat, 0 cholesterol, 22 g. of carbs (only 1 of fiber) and 3 g of protein.


This may be one of those items that is kept for emotional lifts - and it would be a great one as it doesnt melt, need refrigeration and just down right tastes fabulous.


I have not been paid to endorse this product - I wouldnt turn it down if they threw me some freebie coupons for the stuff....but this week, its on sale at Target for $2.50 a jar. So I wont be buying cases, but I may grab about $10 worth :)

9 comments:

vivian said...

and you forgot 190 calories-oh, good grief!

Idaho Homesteader said...

Check out the fiction story on Frugal Squirrel Forum by Freedom of the Hills.

Rob K said...

The way my wife loves that stuff, they don't need to pay anyone for endorsements!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I just did some more food storage shopping after work today and it caught my eye so I bought a jar! It's sitting right next to me on the kitchen table! :)

Ryan said...

I've heard of this stuff. What exactly is it and what does it taste like?

Anonymous said...

dip pretzels in it!!

Unknown said...

Nutella ROCKS!! It's a chocolatey hazelnut spread. I make crepes and stuff them with sliced banana and Nutella spread. Yummy!

I drive my tractor in pearls... said...

vivian - kill joy

rob - i like your wife already :)

robin - you and i are the same - there is a reason i just love you :)

TOR - its heaven in a little plastic jar - chocolate with hazelnut - just perfection - PERFECTION

Anon - next on my list

scifichick - had a friend tell me she does the same thing with strawberries - i think raspberries would be good too....

about the only thing i can think of that wouldnt be good with Nutella is fish or pickles - other than that - wonderful - even chicken - i swear ;)

hobbitt said...

You get the shell puff pastries, in the freezer section, then bake them according to instructions. Remove the top, then place the spread in while the pastries are still hot and it melts some.

I live in a rural place that often does not have it. I will get several jars when available.